Thursday, March 22, 2007

Horse Studies


I'm starting a t-shirt design that will only be printed in one color. Part of the design involves a horse so I started doing some studies to help get a style and some sense of the proportions I want. Here are some early attempts. I've never liked my horse drawings so I really wanted to get one I felt was unique but still based from the real thing. I looked at photos on "google images" to get some understanding of what a horse looks like. I don't want it to look realistic but I also don't want it to look like my distortions were random chances which so many designs now look like to me. I'll post more attempts as I study more. Neigh.

15 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger James said...

hahahha, very nice. The first one looks like a field of stars, very nice and soft lines to look at, as always, from Mr. Ben.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Stanley Thunderbeard said...

i dig 'em all but i think I'd like the more graphic on on the top right for a t-shirt. The giraffe one looks great too but the head and the body look like separate designs. Can't wait to see more!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Tapan Gandhi said...

i like the clydesdale (sp?) with the skulls on his ass

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Kristian said...

man these are niiice! such great shapes and good use of silhouette

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Marmax said...

Great stuff! I especially like the one's w/o the pupils.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Joe said...

These are some nice studies. Can't wait to see the final design.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Milenko said...

There's something cool about well done silhouettes, and these here, are well done.
I also enjoyed the rest of your work since my last visit.

Cheers,

MIlenko

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great cartoon style!! Your works looks awesome!!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Von Kreep said...

Hey pal,
Really digging these designs. Thanks so much for working on the t-shirt for me! Can't wait to see the final
art!

BOO!

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger GeeBee said...

Love the #2(head)and the one at bottom-left, with skull spots!
Great studies !

Jean.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW!! beautiful design!!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger SHANE PRIGMORE said...

Unbelievable man. So strong!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger burgerlog said...

i love these!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger David Colman said...

great use of negative space!!! strong design as always

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger the doodlers said...

We agree with Mr Colman... These horses are excellent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home