Sunday, November 22, 2009

80's Movie Villain Cocktail Party


Here's a piece I did for the "Hey You Guys! Charity event December 5th at the Rialto Theater in Pasadena. Josh Pruett, (a killer story artist at DreamWorks) is putting the event together and it looks like it's going to be awesome. The theme is movies that inspired you as a kid, and they'll be screening a print of Ghostbusters! The art will all be auctioned off for Donors Choose.org This will go towards supplying needy classrooms with art supplies. You can go to the official site by clicking the link below. There will also be an opportunity to bid online if you can't make it to the event.
  • Hey You Guys! Charity Event
  • 47 Comments:

    At 11:06 AM, Blogger Nick Weidner said...

    Man...I recognize MOST of these! I almost wanna say the 4th from the right is Biff from Back to the Future but I am not 100% because is so vague in my head. And I love the inclusion of the Karate Kid villain. This is rockin' oldschool!

     
    At 1:39 PM, Blogger MB Thomas said...

    I hate to be a fanboy here, but where the hell is Judge Doom?

     
    At 8:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

    muito bom cara!

     
    At 9:15 AM, Blogger Augie Pagan said...

    Ben, Great piece man! You're giving me some hard core 80's flashbacks right now. Nicely done, sir!

     
    At 10:46 AM, Blogger rad sechrist said...

    That is the coolest thing ever.

     
    At 1:29 PM, Blogger Ryan Savas said...

    Wow...you even have Dillinger from Tron in there! Amazing work.

     
    At 6:50 PM, Blogger mannyfresh said...

    Dude I love these. The Boba Fett one is so awesome. It was so great meeting you at the CTN man. Thanks for the awesome feedback. Peace.

     
    At 11:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

    What a great line up!!

     
    At 3:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

    these are frikken awesome Ben!

     
    At 5:05 PM, Blogger Kuan-Fu Chen said...

    Oh, Man~~This is Awesome!!!Love all those 80's stars :)

     
    At 9:43 PM, Blogger Louise Smythe said...

    These drawings are so much fun! I love the concept. It was so great talking to you about storyboarding and Foster's Home. Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my portfolio, Ben! I am really enjoying Seaweed!

    Take care,

    Louise

     
    At 7:56 AM, Blogger damon said...

    super cool

    i love it

     
    At 10:04 AM, Blogger Ben Balistreri said...

    Thanks everyone!

    Nick- yes.

    Malcom- Boba Fett didn't invite him.

    Manny- My pleasure. Your portfolio was great.

    Louise- It was great to meet you, (and your mom) as well.

     
    At 10:39 AM, Blogger Mike Briggs said...

    LOL! This is great!

     
    At 1:56 AM, Blogger Pablo Gil said...

    I love it...i like the gremlin and skeksis

     
    At 2:58 AM, Blogger Zar Galstyan said...

    Awesome, like always!! It was great meeting you at the expo!

     
    At 7:11 AM, Blogger Oscar Rosales said...

    Hey there Ben, it was nice to finally meet you at the animation expo last week. Your work is amazing!

     
    At 10:54 PM, Blogger Hans said...

    Haha awesome! Love the karate kid villain!:)

    -Hans

     
    At 3:18 PM, Blogger Scribbler said...

    Brilliant work!

     
    At 3:57 PM, Blogger Nathan Lindsay said...

    oh man. I have officially added this to my "I wish I had drawn this" list. Totally awesome Ben.

     
    At 9:27 PM, Blogger Peter Song said...

    your work is so nice!

     
    At 10:42 AM, Blogger Super Villain said...

    going to see if i can name them all?
    clash of the titans
    krate kid
    rocky
    tron
    superman
    flash gordon
    dark crystal
    gremlins
    star track
    ghostbusters
    back to the future
    indiana jones
    starwars
    goonies
    ?????

    yeah buddy, awsome work!

     
    At 11:13 AM, Blogger Ben Balistreri said...

    Sorry GooGoo, They were all from Terms of Endearment. jk. you got it!

     
    At 1:36 AM, Blogger mickael brunet said...

    Excellent,I love your work!!

     
    At 3:19 PM, Blogger XAV said...

    All the heroes of my childhood !! thanks for this, it's delightfool :)

     
    At 11:31 PM, Blogger Jason L Jones said...

    Wow, this is the most insane thing I have ever seen. The thing that impresses me more the INSANE DESIGNS is the fact that every character reads without a doubt. AWESOME, AMAZING, INCREDIBLE!!!

     
    At 3:27 PM, Blogger Bryan Wynia said...

    Amazing. Time to go watch all these movies!

     
    At 9:03 AM, Blogger bathmate said...

    That’s looks so nice your posting.
    Everything looks good in your posting.
    That will be necessary for all. Thanks for your posting.
    Bathmate

     
    At 11:09 AM, Blogger Bill Ferguson said...

    I love them all!! I thought the fourth one from the right was Biff. Excellent work!!

     
    At 10:17 AM, Blogger Carlos said...

    really cool! I love it!

     
    At 1:18 PM, Blogger Alex J. Bell said...

    Yeah! I knew you'd put a skeksis in there! That's quite the rogues gallery there. Great work.

     
    At 8:44 PM, Blogger Marcelo Vignali said...

    Ah, Ricardo Montalban, my favorite! OK, Mr. T, my favorite too.

    And for a great cause too.

     
    At 2:44 AM, Blogger Nina Cadman said...

    Loving the skeksis!
    (I was linked to your blog by a chap from Boulder's.. your work is amazing!)

     
    At 2:16 PM, Blogger Juan Bauty said...

    All my childhood in one draw!!

     
    At 5:14 PM, Blogger AngryAnimator said...

    great characters!

     
    At 9:56 PM, Blogger Josh Frost said...

    So freaking awesome!!

     
    At 2:39 PM, Blogger Randall Sly said...

    Ben this is awesome... I want to make a poster out of this.

     
    At 10:54 AM, Blogger David Colman said...

    Ben I love this..... i posted it on my FB page....with credit to you of course!

     
    At 6:17 PM, Blogger Super Villain said...

    no new art since nov 2009....thats weak brother....weak!

     
    At 11:47 AM, Blogger Aaron Ludwig said...

    Throw Khan from the train!

     
    At 7:44 PM, Blogger Adam Ford said...

    Holy crap! That is the coolest thing ever. Amazing charicatures! And I am a complete retard, I instantly recognized the Cobra Kai actor but couldn't think of what movie he was from. I think that speaks to your skills and for my stupidity.

     
    At 3:01 AM, Blogger Spfgg said...

    Hey
    Any chance i could contact you somehow?
    My email is: DFSERRAR@GMAIL.COM
    Wanted to ask a couple of things :)
    Thanks

     
    At 12:26 PM, Blogger Cale Atkinson said...

    I've looked at this 80's Villains piece several times now I have to say it gets more and more enjoyable on each viewing!
    Great work as always Ben!
    Kudos!

     
    At 4:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

    Holy crap, that's awesome. Your Sark is great! Tron Legacy should be animated.

     
    At 3:44 AM, Blogger kanishk said...

    Amazing. Time to go watch all these movies!
    PPC Advertising India

     
    At 11:35 PM, Blogger Nathanael Lark said...

    You...are...a...GENIUS!! This is far and away one of the flat out coolest things I've seen in a long time! This brings back so many memories and I'm quite proud to say that I know them all. Your choices for who to include are fantastic and the caricatures/draftsmanship rock. Excellent work!

     
    At 8:04 AM, Blogger The pwer of web said...

    nice post

    Best PPC Network India

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home